Thursday, March 31, 2011

INSPIRATIONAL PRAYERS

INSPIRATIONAL PRAYERS

As Ralph Waldo Emerson once said,
"Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything that is beautiful; for beauty is God's handwriting - a wayside sacrament. Welcome it in every fair face, in every fair sky, in every fair flower, and thank God for it as a cup of blessing."
Open Our Eyes, is from the Book of Common Prayer:
O Heavenly Father,
who hast filled the world with beauty;
open, we beseech Thee,
our eyes to behold Thy gracious hand in all thy works;
that rejoicing in Thy whole creation,
we may learn to serve Thee with gladness;
for the sake of him by whom all things were made,
thy Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.
Amen

Also from the Book of Common Prayer to start your day:
O God, our Heavenly Father,
we thank Thee for Thy loving care
in watching over us through the night
and bringing us safely to another day.
Grant that Thy Holy Spirit may lead
and direct us in all that we shall think and do and say.
Keep us from all sin.
Make us obedient, loving, truthful, honest, and industrious,
that we may live to glorify Thy Holy Name,
through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Amen.

And the words of wisdom from Harriet Beecher Stowe give us words for reflection:
"In all ranks of life the human heart yearns for the beautiful; and the beautiful things that God makes are his gift to all alike."
The Perfect Prayer was written by James Whitcomb Riley:
Dear Lord! Kind Lord!
Gracious Lord! I pray
Thou wilt look on all I love,
Tenderly today!
Weed their hearts of weariness;
Scatter every care
Down a wake of angel-wings
Winnowing the air.

Bring unto the sorrowing
All release from pain;
Let the lips of laughter
Overflow again;
And with all the needy
O divide, I pray,
This vast treasure of content
That is mine to-day!

Alexander Pope's short words of wisdom are ones that we all need to remember:
"He who serves his brother best
Gets nearer God than all the rest."

You may also enjoy this inspirational one written by Alexander Pope:
Teach me to feel another's woe
To hide the fault I see;
That mercy I to others show,
That mercy show to me.
prayer to the Father
An Inspirational Prayer
A Prayer to the Father
by Wesley Anthony, © January 24th, 2010
Raise me up from this wretched place,
Where I dwell in mental captivity.
Show me the divine light,
Dear Son of nativity.

Lift my spirits to the utmost,
Where the clouds float above the sky.
Lighten the path I traverse,
So that I may draw nigh.

Show me the love You have for man,
Even in his dumbfounded days.
That you are willing to forgive,
For his most unsound ways.

Give to me your strength in the coming days,
That I might reveal to the world your divine grace.
And work through me as a vessel,
Oh Lord of the heavenly place!

An Inspirational Prayer
A Simple Prayer

Dear Lord...
Allow me to see good in the lives of people today. So many find fault, criticize and major on the minors of life. Help me to see the potential you see in others.
And speaking of potential, allow me to see my own unique potential for making a positive difference in my world. Jesus, you know me -- you really know me. Show me what could give us great joy while working together in the ways of your choosing.
A great need of mine is to trust you -- completely. I don't want "I'm trusting God" to be a cute catch phrase I use as a Christian. Give me a trust that causes me to hope in you at all times, brings peace to my soul as needed, and remains a part of my life for all my life.
Teach me to recognize your voice in my hurried, everyday world. Oh, that sounds so very simple: but it's not. Strengthen me from the inside out. Help me to know you, love you, hear your voice, and follow you.
I want to finish strong, Lord. Real strong. Protect me, go before me, and strengthen my heart to avoid being sinful and sinfully complacent.
Give me a big, long-lasting portion of laughter! Help me to always help others discover you as the delight of their lives. I love you, Lord. Thanks for listening, answering and sharing your life with me.
In your name I pray, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment